Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Whole Lot of Nothing

So the last few days I haven't posted anything and that's because nothing much has really been happening besides school. During the week we don't really go out since all of us have different schedules and have to get up early for classes. Monday night our dorm had a movie night where they showed Eagle Eye with Shia LeBouf. It was actually surprisingly good, except the ending. I think if they would have left out the last "romantic" scene it would have been a little better. They made popcorn for us and bought some soda which was nice of them. We made friends with our receptionist Susie, so she was hanging out with us for a little while, mostly helping Kerry with her Arabic homework (yes, it's true)...

Other than that I haven't really been up to much. I am trying to find out about playing volleyball here though. Another girl here, Callie, who is interested in playing got word from the coach that they first practice is this Saturday at the old campus so we'll see how that goes. I don't really want to play for the school is was just looking for some intramural play time, but I'll take what I can get. I don't even know how good the players are here but supposedly they compete at the national level.

I also made friends with an Egyptian student in my morning class today, Professional Selling. He came into the classroom speaking Arabic to me, which I of course didn't understand at all. I told him I didn't speak Arabic and he didn't believe me at first and he told me that I look very Egyptian. I'll take that as a compliment LOL. His name is Kareem and since this is the class where I have the professor randomly ranting in Arabic, he was translating some of his mini speeches for me which was nice of him. Soooo this is the first Egyptian friend I've made by myself! Mae introduced us to a girl Dalia who is really nice as well and she seems like she'll be a cool addition to our group of friends.

BTW I finally uploaded the pics from the soccer game but since I'm not on my computer, I can't upload them now so I'll do this either later today or tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Can we skype sometime!? I'd love to hear all about your time over there! rzam59 is my skype name...add me!

    ReplyDelete