Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Midterms

Midterms officially suck. I had 3 in a row today, back to back to back and was going off of no sleep and still had to go to an 8:30 AM class. I was physically so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open and the most embarrassing part is that I sometimes talk in my sleep and caught myself doing that in class today! But I got through them...barely. My first midterm was for my International Finance class which wasn't so bad, plus it was all multiple choice and he allowed us a 2 page cheat sheet, so I think I did fairly well on that one LOL. The second midterm was probably the worst. It was for my Anthropology class People and Cultures of the Middle East and North Africa, yea I know it's even tiring to say! His class in itself is boring and I really haven't done much of the work that we've supposed to be continually doing sooo we'll see how that one comes out. My last midterm was for my Ancient Egypt class which was actually very simple but she made it seem as if it were going to be so complicated so I studied all of the hard things and not really any of the easy ones. Plus there was a map where we had to label different sections of Egypt and I don't think that I did too well on that part either.

On to bigger and better things, I'm officially going to Lebanon for spring break! A bunch of us are flying out there together and then kind of breaking up and doing our own things. Mae, Deb, Kayla, Kaitlin, Me and I think Alex are all flying out on the 7th for Lebanon and Mae and I are staying until the 14th where we're going to come back and go to Sharm el-sheikh for the remainder of the break. Kaitlin and Kayla are going to go to Syria and Palestine and I think Deb is going to go to Syria with them and then on to Greece. So we'll all be having a great time, and Mae and I will have awesome tans by the time we come back! I'm so excited to get away for a little while and just RELAXXX, something I haven't really been able to do with school and all of the assignments creeping up my back.

As for goings-on since my last post I can't really remember exactly everything that we did, but we did go to City Stars last week and did a little shopping. I got a nice pair of white linen pants and a black top with some flip flops and everybody else got a little something too. Kerry got this pair of pants which fit her really nicely :) We might be going back again this weekend because Mae wasn't able to go with us since she was spending some time with her mother who's come to Egypt for the past 2 1/2 weeks, but sadly is leaving on Friday. Mae's mom, by the way, is AMAAZZING! I love this woman so much. She's so nice and just.... a mom, she's so loving and kind and you can tell that she loves Mae a LOT. I'm really glad that most of the friends that I've met here don't live too far from me at home and I'll be able to visit them as they will able to visit me as well.

Let's see, what else has been happening? Oh I braided my friend Alysia's hair for her in cornrows which came out looking very nice actually. I didn't take any pics of the aftermath but they looked really nice on her which is crazy because I don't find that many girls look good with just straight cornrows. And I've also opened up my own miniture salon over here. I do eyebrows, hair, mustaches, and that's the breadth of my skills right now but I may be adding more in the future. I've done Kerry's, Deb's, Kaitlin's, and Kayla's eyebrows, cut Kayla's and Jackie's bangs and Alysia's hair. It's fun and I like doing it so I don't mind at all.

On Sunday I actually went to the Egyptian Museum with two kids from my class, Andrew and Kaitlen. We missed out on the field trip the first time around, all for various reasons and so our teacher was nice enough to let us re-do the trip. It was nice to go and not just to look at artifacts like, "Oh, wow, that's really nice". Instead our teacher, who actually works at the museum, told us the history and story behind the statues and explained the gods who were being portrayed. It was very interesting and I'm glad that I went. The tickets to get in for students were 30 LE, and for all other guests was 60 LE. Egyptian tickets were only like 1 or 2 LE and Andrew is Egyptian so he got his ticket for much cheaper than us. We actually tried to get me an Egyptian ticket since everyone tells me that I look it, and I actually did get it but when we had to go through the gates the guards tried talking to me in Arabic, and I couldn't exactly say much back in return, so they knew I wasn't Egyptian and therefore had to go back and get a student ticket. Hey, it was worth a try!

Other than that I don't think that much of anything really has been going on. Everyone has been so busy studying for midterms that we haven't really done too much and plus Mae's mom is here so she hasn't really been in the dorms too much. This weekend we were all going to go away to Dahab but a lot of us have either make-up classes, presentations next week, or field trips (comme moi!).

More to come soon. My class was cancelled for tomorrow so I have no school at all and a 3 day weekend! Yess.....it'll be so nice to sleep in tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment