Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's been a while, folks

Ok so I admit to becoming lazy and not keeping up to date with my blog which is terrible I know. :( I'll try to sum up everything pretty succinctly since I probably don't remember the details accurately anyway.

I can't remember what happened on which day or at what time, but in the past two weeks I went to see Akon in concert which was a lot of fun once he showed up...5 hours late. I also went to Dahab this past weekend which is around a 9 hour bus ride from Cairo. Dahab is this sleepy little town by the Red Sea where it's really a bedouin community and there isn't a ton of people or tourists, so it's nice to just relax. We had Monday off from school which was nice since I have 4 classes that day and since I only have 1 class on Sunday I just skipped and had a 5 day weekend. I laid out on the beach with Deb getting some sun while Kerry scuba-dived, got offered a snake, and did lots of other cool things. It was Kerry's birthday this past weekend as well so we took her out to dinner at this restaurant called Jasmin and they made her this AMAZING cake by hand just for her, and they didn't even charge us for it which was really nice of them. Everyone was really accommodating and was happy to have us as their guests, except for this one time when we walked out from our room to find a dead sheep in the hall with pools of blood all over the place....weird.

Tonight we're going to go to this place called Chopsticks in Mohandissen which is a Chinese/Malaysian food spot which turns into a club at night that plays hip-hop and R&B music. I've heard that it's a lot of fun by several people and am looking forward to it. Who knows what the rest of the weekend has in store? I still need to work on a presentation for one of my classes and do a little researching for some papers that I have to turn in later in the semester. So that might get done. Might.

Other than that, a holiday was just announced so we will be having no classes on the 19th which falls on a Thursday. Since I again only have 1 class on Sunday I may just miss it again and take another long weekend depending on what people want to do. So we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment