Monday, March 16, 2009

What a hectic day!

Today was a pretty challenging day physically because I choose to make bad decisions sometimes...and fully am aware of it! Last night I went out to see the movie Watchmen with one of my friends from class and then hung out for a bit after so didn't get back to my dorms until really late even though I had a midterm at 8:30 today. So of course I get back and like a good student, begin studying for this midterm for my Professional Selling class which was going very well...I was pumped and ready, had just made a PB&J pita sandwich and everything. And then I start talking to my cousin Jessica who recommends that I take a little nap so that I'm not too exhausted in the morning. I blow off this idea and say "Naw, I can handle it" but as the minutes pass, her idea begins to sound a little better each time so I go into my room and set two alarms to wake me up. Apparently they didn't work too well, at least not for me, because the next thing I knew it was 7:11 and I was supposed to catch the bus at 7:00 in order to get to class on time! I think I remember my roommate waking me up actually since I wasn't waking up to my alarm but I guess I must have just went right back to bed. So I jump out of bed still wearing the jeans and tank top I passed out in, grabbed the necessities for school and headed to the bus stop (no, I didn't brush me teeth, but I did grab my toothbrush and toothpaste) to see if maybe by some miracle it would still be there. After a hasty walk, I arrive at the buses to find out that they are there...but they're not leaving until 8:00. :( At this point I just kept cursing myself over and over in my head and didn't think that I would be able to finish my midterm in time, since it takes about an hour to get to school meaning I would be a half hour late. To my surprise my teacher let me take it with no problem and I still ended up finishing before a majority of the class, but we'll see how that grade turns out. My professor doesn't even make up his own tests, he takes the questions from a teacher's manual and some of the material wasn't even covered in class...but...as Mae Hassanien would say... Welcome to Egypt.

As far as this past weekend goes, I had a ton of fun. Thursday night a bunch of us went to this club called Chopsticks in Mohandissen which is pretty much a Hip-Hop/R&B club. The people in Egypt don't go out until really late and although we got there at 12, people didn't start really appearing until about 1:30 or so. But I still had a great time dancing and meeting a bunch of new people. Everyone I was with seemed to be enjoying themselves as well and it was nice to just let loose and dance for a few hours. Friday night we were invited to this house party and Shelby, DJ, Mae and I went first because the others all had work to do or had other plans, but eventually Kaitlin, Deb, and Kerry showed up (which I was elated about). Unfortunately the night ended a bit abrubtly due to my retardedness once again, but while we were there we had a lot of fun. By the way....I'm so glad to have friends like you guys :)

Saturday was a day of rest, and I woke up around 12 and ate breakfast with Kerry, Shelby, and Deb which was AMAZING I must say. I can't wait until this weekend to have some more of the caf's french toast and pancakes. Yummmmm :) We were supposed to be doing work which didn't really work out too well for us, but I did get some work on a presentation done which was fantastic and pretty much finished it yesterday.

So that's my whole weekend in a nutshell and we'll see what this week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment